Cake Smash Portraits
Not sure how to prepare for your cake smash? Then take a read through my handy hints below.
What could be better than celebrating your baby’s first birthday than with the unique experience of a fun portrait and birthday cake smash and splash session?
Whether they eat it, smash it, sit in it or throw it, cake-covered fingers, toes and messy little faces are such a joy to capture and it’s always such good fun!
Each session is individually styled based on your choice of colour scheme and includes the cake which is handmade by a fantastic local cake maker. These sessions usually last around one to two hours depending on your baby Guaranteed that you will walk away from the session with some wonderful memories and images to share with your child as they grow up.
What to Expect at your Cake Smash Session?
• Sessions will start with pre-smash portraits, for which I provide clothing to match your chosen set. These initial images allow your little one time to get used to the studio environment.
• If you wish, we can then change your little one into a different outfit, which I also provide. Before we move on to the cake smashing shoot. The Smash takes around half an hour.
• After all that cake smashing and mess we end the session with a super fun splash session with tonnes of bubbles.
What do I need to bring?
• For the session itself absolutely NOTHING. As I provide all the styling cake and outfits needed.
• You might want to think about bringing along some snacks, a drink and a favourite toy. As well as all the usual change bag items of course.
• A towel for after the splash session is also useful.
• Sometimes parents get messy too, especially if extra cuddles are asked for. So a change of clothes for Mum and Dad is also advised.
After the Session
Around 1-2 weeks after you shoot, your images will be invited back to view your images in the studio and decide on which products you may like to purchase as a memory of this special time. If thinking about wall art have places in mind where you would like to hand your memories so that you are aware of what size frames to invest in.
Your post-session gallery will include at least 20 fun-filled images for you to select your chosen package from.
NOT YET BOOKED IN?
Take a look at my online booking Diary to check out my availability. BOOK NOW
Please make me aware at the time of booking if your child has any food or skin allergies. It is the responsibility of the client to inform the photographer of any allergies upon booking. The photographer will not be held liable if a child is found to be allergic to any of the ingredients used to make the cake. The photographer has the cakes professionally made by a third-party. Items may contain or have come into contact with nuts, egg products, gluten and dairy, cross-contamination is a possibility. Therefore, we are unable to provide any cakes to meet specific dietary requirements and in such cases, parents will need to provide their own cake for the session